What are we about?
At Salit Steel we believe that people are our most valuable asset and that everyone on our team plays a unique role in contributing to our overall success. We are always looking for diverse and talented people who are interested in joining the Salit Steel family. We are an integrated network of companies and partners that delivers steel solutions in North America. Now in our fifth generation, we have been family-owned and operated since 1905. We consider our customers, industry partners, and employees all to be a part of the Salit Steel family. As a dynamic organization, we continue to evolve into new markets and develop products to better serve our customers, and we always stay true to the strong set of values that are the foundation of our business. We are passionate about delivering outstanding service and building strong relationships. In addition, we are committed to finding new ways of doing things that are better, faster and more cost-effective to provide our customers with efficiencies, new products and the best experience possible. Headquartered in Niagara Falls, Ontario, we have operations across Ontario, as well as in Quebec, Western Canada and the US. No matter what our customers need, we either stock it or we will source it. We make sure our customers have exactly what they need, where they need it, when they need it
. We operate steel service centres and provide reinforcing products including stock and fabricated rebar; as well as offering specialty products including assembled rebar, stainless steel rebar and mechanical tube.
Why join us?
- A values-driven, team-oriented environment – we are like a family
- Competitive salary and benefits packages
- Opportunities for growth and development
- A fun place to work!
Do you have what it takes?
The Production Worker is responsible for the execution of production duties within their site. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will work in a safe and reliable manner while performing all designated tasks.
- Identify and pick structural steel/rebar from the warehouse racks to fill orders
- Use of various machines (after training) including overhead cranes, saws for cutting, rebar bender, and shears
- Feeding and unloading processing machines
- Assisting process control and machine operators in performing their duties
- Maintaining a clean work area and equipment used
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 23kg (50lbs)
- Must be able to work varied shifts (days/afternoons/nights)
- Basic mathematical skills and able to use a tape measure
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
- Hand-eye Coordination
- Reliable, dedicated and trustworthy
- Accountability and Dependability
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Salit Steel supports and will do its best to accommodate Employees with disabilities, to the point of undue hardship for the Company. Upon request, job accommodations will take into account the Employee’s accessibility needs due to a disability. We appreciate your enthusiasm for Salit Steel and thank you for applying. Only those selected to move forward in the process will be contacted.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Previous experience working in an industrial environment / construction industry is preferred
- Must have approved safety footwear
- All successful candidates have to complete a Criminal Background check, medical exam, and drug test